Thursday 8 October 2009

Home.


























One of my favourite pieces of architecture that I have seen in person, and when I am in London I see on a daily basis is Wembley stadium. I live about 5 minutes walk from the stadium and after seeing the stadium time after time I still love it. The arch is brilliant and its great that I can see it from most places in London, and it looks even prettier when it is lit up on event days. Once you are up next to the stadium you get to see all the little details, whether it is the sweeping staircases or the statues dotted around the outside. Although there is a very different atmosphere on match days (as seen in the second picture that I took on the day of the first England match held there), when it is empty you cant help but stare at the building every time you go past.

No comments:

Post a Comment