Thursday 8 October 2009

Hmmmm.



















I first had to read this book for my GCSE coursework, and so you can imagine how much I hated it at the time, it drove me mad having to read over it and over and over again. Now, I have mixed feelings about this story. Although I have deep rooted animosity, I can't help but appreciate it. It is set in a dystopian society in which handmaid's are taken on by families high up in society to produce offspring as the women in the family are baron. I think that it is such an interesting novel because it is a completely made up society, and it is unclear if I is set in the future, or is in a different world completely. The imagery in this book is amazing, with colour and senses being a major player, this sort of imagery used could translate well into an artistic representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment